Where Seal & Gasket Manufacturing Experience Meets Technology
Expert Gasket & Seal Utilizes State-Of-The-Art Technology to Solve Your Toughest Sealing Problems
Our Flashcut machinery’s computer-controlled, high-speed knife cutting system produces precise, close tolerance parts on non-metallic materials. This allows us to design and quickly prototype custom gaskets made from rubber, cork, PTFE, compressed non-asbestos and many other materials. Using a .dxf, original .pdf, or only a physical sample, we will manufacture perfect parts for you without a tooling charge.
Watch Our Cutting-Edge Technology at Work in This Short YouTube Video
Flashcut Fabrication Versus Traditional Die-Cutting
Our Flashcut machine has several distinct advantages over traditional die-cutting including how simple it is to reconfigure the settings. There’s no need to tool new dies for each new design, so we can get you a finished product faster. The Flashcut machine also delivers straight cuts, eliminating the “hour glassing” common to die-cutting.
Other Advantages of Expert Gasket & Seal’s Technology:
- You can submit your own .dxf CAD file, original .pdf drawing, or have our experts custom design a solution for you. Our capabilities include duplicating a gasket or shape from a product sample.
- Rapid prototyping becomes simple. A CAD file update enables the evaluation of several configurations and materials.
- No tooling charges required to fabricate parts.
- Less material deflection for rubber and soft materials, providing tighter tolerances not achievable through die-cutting.
- You can try out different materials. Flashcut accepts many types of rubber as well as softer or spongier materials—up to .500” in thickness.
- Our scanner allows us to create .dxf files from sample parts when a drawing is not available.
- New parts can be loaded on the Flashcut in minutes, resulting in less setup time than what is required with tooling.
- Flashcut is fully capable of producing very large, one-piece gaskets which cannot be done using traditional die-cutting.
- It is the most cost-efficient technology for small run jobs, because there’s minimal setup and no tooling required.
- Flashcut computer part nesting is much more effective than manual die-cutting, increasing material yield and reducing part cost.
Our cutting-edge (no pun intended) Flashcut system allows us to rapidly create the correct parts for your urgent need.